Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pacifier addict




So my sweet little boy finally (and I mean FINALLY) started sleeping through the night a couple weeks ago. He still occasionally wakes up at night but for the most part has been sleeping all the way through (yay!). So I thought I would talk a little bit about being a NEW mommy and sleeping (or not sleeping as the case may be).


One of the most difficult things I found about being a new mommy back almost a year ago was that when I actually was able to get to sleep for literally only 45 minutes at a time I would wake up in a sheer panic or have dreams that my baby was suffocating in bed with me (I never slept with him when he was under 5 months old). And if by some miracle my mother in law had time to stay overnight and stay with him for a few hours so I could sleep, I would wake up in so much pain from being engorged that I would want to get up to feed him. But all you new mommies, it does get better and I can't say when you will get a full nights sleep but you will stop waking up panicked eventually.
Lucky for me next time I'm bottle feeding from the very beginning so woo hoo! I will have Tony switch off and on nights with me. At least for the first couple weeks.


Also, in other news little baby girl Jacobsen has started moving around alot lately.


I can't write more right now, but I will leave you with a picture of my little pacifier addict in his crib.


No comments: