Thursday, June 25, 2009

Biohazard

It was so hot today I walked into Walmart with my boy on my hip, put him in the cart and then seriously considered hanging out by the refrigerated foods for awhile. I walked really sloooow to the milk area and just as slow to the checkout line--via the entire wall of cold foods.

And yet strangely enough I felt like making chili for dinner.

I've had a long day. Quite the experience trying to get my yearly OBGYN exam done with a one year old in the room. I would have found a sitter but I didn't know they were doing it today! I thought I was just going in for a postpartum visit. I'm pretty sure as he was using the speculum I was telling Holden to stay out of the biohazard trash. Nice. That's probably something only a mother would mention in passing conversation,
"So as he was using the speculum..."

Ok, no it's not. It's probably something only I would mention. I guess I like to imagine my readers cringing sort of like people do while watching The Office when it's just over the top embarrassing.

Oh, and if you don't know what a speculum is, don't ask. I know I kind of sprung that TMI on you...so sorry--I usually try to give more warning. Maybe I should caption this post:
LADY BUSINESS MENTIONED.

My dear husband won't be home till 9 so I have the evening to myself (well, sort of--there is Holden). Unfortunately I already watched my missed episode of The Bachelorette. I'm thinking of watching Wipeout tonight but think that I may be getting dumber with each episode of reality TV I watch.

No comments: