Monday, June 29, 2009

Nursing

I was just filling out a form for the nursing program I'm starting in August (!). It is a health questionnaire. You are supposed to use your own words to describe your level of stress. This is what I wrote,

Recent stressors:

I had a stillborn daughter 3 months ago and my father is in radiation after brain surgery. He had brain surgery on the same day we buried our daughter. It is a level 2 or grade 2 tumor and his prognosis is a 50% chance of living 5 years or more. These have been very stressful events but I am someone who truly enjoys school (unlike many) so I think it will be manageable even with the current stress level. It may actually improve my stress level to have something else to do/think about--especially something I enjoy.


So...is there too much crazy in there to turn it in to the nursing program chair? I don't honestly think they would not let me in on account of it, but when I sat back to look at it I sort of thought wow, maybe you are pretty stressed Kara. Maybe you should take it easy. Maybe you should stop referring to yourself in the third person. Crazy old bat.

Finally I have my physical today so I can get the doc to look at my bum knee and my bum neck/head (for the headaches, not the craziness). Looking forward to that--and going to the lake this week with the family! I love the 4th of July. I will do my summer love/4th of July post later this week though.

No comments: