Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Triumph

I am posting to tell you that MY BLACK DRESS FITS! FINALLY! Ok, so I can squeeze into it. I'd like it to fit better but I still have about 2 1/2 weeks for it to look nice. I'm trying to celebrate my successes though, so I wanted to post it today. I think going to the gym 4-5 times a week is really helping (duh). I haven't fit into the dress since before I got pregnant with Holden. And I found some great shoes and bracelets to go with it. I'm still looking for a necklace though.

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed because we're going to have to take Holden to the wedding with us. Which is ok because obviously he's my kid and I like having him around...
But it's really hard to go to a wedding and reception with a one year old in a different city. And stay in a hotel with him. And my dear husband will be in the wedding party so it will just be me taking care of him. My MIL did say she would help but there is no way I can drink at the wedding now. And it's going to be a little hard to wrangle a kid in my (fabulous) 3 1/2 inch heels.

This is the type of thing that makes me remember how much it sucks to not have my mom here and to have my dad in poor health. Sometimes my family support system isn't quite what I wish it was--by no fault of their own. These are just the cards that were dealt.

I started this post meaning for it to be a happy post. Now I've gone and made it all depressing.
I really am pleased about the dress. The rest will work itself out.

No comments: