Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vampires

I started watching the HBO series True Blood via Netflix at the suggestion of one of my friends. I still haven't quite decided what to think of it but I've only watched the first disc.
I haven't read Twilight, so don't ask. I tried, I really did...but I only got through the first few pages and wasn't impressed with the quality of writing (sorry to the author, but true). I'd rather read Anne Rice if I want a vampire fix. Those are REAL vampire books, well woven and highly sexual--because for some reason it seems like vampires like sex--A LOT.

Case in point: the True Blood HBO series. It was a little graphic (in both sex and violence), too much so for my taste, but I'm willing to give it another shot because I liked Sex and The City and we all know what that wonderful series was about. I also don't mind gore--proven by last years marathon of 4 seasons of The Sopranos in a row. I still haven't finished the series so don't tell me what happens. What's that you say? The camera just cuts out? It's not really fun to watch a series finale if you already know the end--which is the reason (among others) that I haven't finished it. That and I like to pretend that the Sopranos actually live somewhere in New Jersey. Isn't that all that is in New Jersey? The Italian Mafia?

Abbie, that one is for you.

My new disc came today in the mail, and I'm set to watch it tonight after my sweet boy is in bed. Also, this is post #100! I should drink some red wine to celebrate. And it will go well with my vampire show.

No comments: