Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Arithmomaniac


Today I was listening to a song on the radio by Taylor Swift and it got me all nostalgic. It also got me thinking about how Kanye West is a d-bag, but that’s been overdone in the media already so I’m not going to touch on that too much. Plus, I would never watch the VMAs. Mostly because I hate MTV and think that type of programming is what is wrong with America today (Hah, among other things).

I have to eat my words today because yesterday when I got home from my night out I found that my dear husband had rigged the TV to work. He was so desperate to watch football on his TV that he connected bunny ears outside. They are currently sitting in the front flowerbed. If you want to adjust the TV station you have to open the curtain, move the bunny ears, and look at the TV until the digital picture comes in. It didn’t end up doing him any good yesterday because all the games were on ESPN.


But I appreciated his ingenuity.

And I have him to thank because this morning I was standing out in my front flowerbed in front of my busy street with wet hair trying to get public television to come in on my TV. I’ve said a million times that I don’t want my kid watching TV until (what is it that the American Academy of Pediatrics says?) three years old. But then today I thought to hell with it. I want to watch Sesame Street. See what’s new in the ‘hood. I haven’t been there for at least 22 years. They’ve done some remodeling, but I’m happy to say that my favorite Sesame Street friend ‘The Count’ is still alive (cue vampire voice) “Two yellow birds…Three red cars…Ah…Ah…Ah.”

Maybe to take care of my mosquito problem I will install a bat box in the back of my lot. I can be like The Count and his pet bats,

Grisha, Misha, Sasha, Tatiana…four pet bats…AH…AH…AH.”

Love that guy.

No comments: