Saturday, September 12, 2009


I'm making some headway on Operation: You have no style, decorate your damn house as evidenced by this picture. I do have a couple of art-y things to hang on the far wall and will probably be doing it tomorrow if I can manage to convince the husband.
And that coffee table may not look like much to the untrained eye but it was a garage sale treasure I got for $10 and is by a famous designer from the 1950's and worth about $600 depending on the market (I used to believe stuff like that only happened on HGTV but I guess if you know what you're looking for, it can happen on occasion).
I also need to buy a 10X8 rectangular rug to go in between the couch and chairs to tie it all together. I am having a problem with accessories which seems to be a running theme in my wardrobe as well as my house.
For one thing, my accessory use is limited based on my son's age--because who am I kidding--if I buy some glass balls and put them in a bowl for decorative purposes or put a vase or something out it will be smashed into pieces in about 1.5 seconds.
Also, I have found that I am having difficulty with space to put possible accessories on. I don't like clutter, but I do want it to be cozy and eclectic. I'm going to have to keep working on that. I have a tendency to just put everything away as I don't like to have things sitting out anywhere (if the house is going to be clean I want it clean!). However, I don't like the minimalist look all that much either and I can't have it both ways. I will post new pics again once I find the rug and get my dear husband to hang the pictures on the wall for me (both could take awhile).

No comments: