Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Retraction

I retract my comment about the muffins. Within 10 seconds of discussing the muffins with my dear husband he said, "What did you do different?"
No nuts, no loaf pan=not grandma's zucchini recipe. Although I'm beginning to suspect that perhaps she didn't give me her actual recipe and that it is actually hidden away or only in her head. Or maybe I mixed the ingredients in the wrong order. It may be a secret that I'll never know.

I woke up (for the second time) this morning at 7:20 with a little foot in my face and a sippy cup of sour milk resting on my hair. I know you're not supposed to give kids milk before they go to sleep. But I did anyway. I gave it to him at 5:40 a.m., and brought him back to bed with me in order to buy more time to sleep. As it turns out, he still woke up the same time he always does and I did not get any more sleep than I usually do. Lesson learned.

Also, today mosquitoes are swarming my house. On the outside of the front and back doors they are literally sitting on the doors waiting for them to be opened. Can they smell blood inside? Does anyone else think that is weird? The mosquitoes are thick because I have standing water in the ditch in my side lot. I've tried everything, but if it rains more than a half inch the water stays for weeks. I guess we won't be playing outside today.

Last night I was getting Holden undressed for his bath and after I took off his diaper and clothing he said "DA-DA!" (as in Ta-DA!) Do I have a little exhibitionist on my hands? He hasn't started running naked through the house (yet) but I have a feeling that day is coming soon. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Tonia Koch said...

lol that's funny about holden and his ta da, bc when i change colton i usually say to him, stop playing with your balls, it's gross, but in my mommy voice of course. the other day i told him that, and he goes BAAAALLLLS!! lol it was too funny!!