Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting better



The art on the right I have been looking at all summer. Finally bought it. The "art" on the left is my own photography. The cord snaking along the far wall is my dear husband's antenna project. Last night he got it hooked up to the roof antenna, vastly increasing the amount of channels we receive and making the bunny ears unnecessary in the front yard. Thank goodness.


I found the rug yesterday on clearance for $20. Although I did see a couple others that might really look good http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11030429&findingMethod=rr


and http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10043584#ProductDetail


What do you think? I need help here! Also, need ideas on how to use accessories with a one year old trying to ride the dogs, knock over lamps, and play with cords on a minute-by-minute basis. I fear the accessories wouldn't stand a chance against such a determined adversary.


Also, try this recipe:


1 tyson spicy chicken patty


1 kaiser roll or bun


1 slice provolone cheese


1/4 mashed or sliced avocado


1-2 slices bacon (if you're feeling naughty)


Prepare chicken patty as directed (in oven). Melt cheese on patty. Toast bun and spread avocado on bottom half. add bacon to top of melted cheese. Eat.


Not healthy but delicious.

5 comments:

AEdwards said...

i like the gray damask rug the best. the room is coming along beautifully! For accessories, have you thought about floor features? Like a heavy duty vase (stable, possibly close-to-indestructible, yes they are out there) that sits on the floor rather than something on a table? Or...just adding interest with paint on the walls? Like - you can paint in squares or shapes of different colors (mimicking wanscoting) or actually installing (very easy, i will do this for you, if you want!) wanscoting to add interest. Can't be ripped off the wall, in any case. Thoughts?

As far as the sandwich - melted cheese, bacon, and avocado - is there anything else that we need in life??? :)

Kara said...

I like that gray one too. I might order it. Where would I get one of those big indestructible vases? I'm not big on the painting the wall, I want to keep the walls neutral with no accent wall. I certainly would like to add features like wainscoting and crown molding, but it's too big a project for me right at the moment so it will have to wait awhile. In October you can help me look for cute things to add!

Amanda S. said...

You have a beautiful living room. It reminds me of what you might see in a magazine. Very classy.

Kara said...

Thanks Amanda!

AEdwards said...

So i found a couple of websites with the indestructible (i.e. non-glass) vases:
this first one is for table-top, instead of floor:
https://store.vazuusa.com/gift-packs-c-5
This has metal and poly-resin vases (and you can find some neat and pretty cheap, under $40)
http://www.homedecorcenter.com/home-decor-sub-metal-vases.htm
(also - check Hobby Lobby, they may have some really great options, too)