Sunday, September 6, 2009

Time Well Wasted


My weekend consisted of:

Saturday: Pretending to watch the Husker game for the first quarter while sitting with my dad and perusing houses for sale (not for me-for them). Then going to Target and blowing $20 on casual clothing.

Sunday: Waking up late and bumming around. Tony and Holden didn’t get home until almost noon so I had the morning to myself. Did absolutely nothing.

Total time wasted: 126 minutes

Then I watched the rip-off bachelor show “More to Love”. The title is insulting, but I couldn’t help watching it until I had no more episodes to watch anymore.

Total time wasted: 120 minutes.

My dear husband spent from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the kitchen where he made me a fabulous dinner of twice baked potatoes, side salad, and baked chicken, along with a bottle of cabernet sauvignon (I know cabernet goes with red meat but I don’t care). We put Holden to bed a little early since he skipped his afternoon nap and had a great meal.

My dear husband knows the way to my heart is carbohydrates and red wine.

Immediately following dinner we retired to the living room where we draped ourselves on the cool leather furniture and (I) got a little soused on the aforementioned red wine (only a couple glasses, but enough for me!). We also started listening to Pandora radio, and our song list mostly consisted of old Cypress Hill, Snoop Dogg, and Eminem. Can’t say that I’ve heard any of those much since, oh 1993 (except Eminem). It was a blast.

Tomorrow is our second annual family picnic. I love picnics and Tony hates them so once a year he consents to allow me one picnic, I get to spread out a blanket (or sit at a picnic table) and eat, while he attempts to fish. Neither is very successful--but I think it will grow to be a fun family tradition for Labor Day.

Total time wasted: The entire weekend, happily.

Hope you all had a good one.

1 comment:

AEdwards said...

Gotta love the Dorothy Lynch. I have (had?) them shipped to me. Mmm! And the occasional (frequent?) bottle of red...