Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Babyproof

It is slowly but surely occurring to me that I can't babyproof my house. I can get the little wall plugs and the cabinet locks and anchor things to the wall, but still, my child finds something he is not supposed to be doing. I have to sit on the floor in the living room for hours a day playing with him because I can't leave him alone. He will find a cord, or the cat's tail, or get all up in the dogs face (which makes me very uncomfortable and thinking of sending all the dogs to live outside). I guess when my Dad was watching him last weekend he was trying to eat the dog food. I don't ever let him in the kitchen so I've never had that problem. He will also bump his head and cry (we have laminate wood floors so it's a little too hard to be falling and hitting your head).
He tends to fall more when he is in need of a nap though...sometimes that's how I gauge if he is ready to take a nap--he will stand up and then fall down several times. Poor kid. Sometimes I wish we had carpet and it would be easier on all of us. Well, except me because carpet with three dogs and a cat would be a nightmare.
I need suggestions, because I have the biggest pile of laundry you've ever seen downstairs, and a bathtub that needs a good scrubbing. I guess I should just get the drill out and put the cabinet locks on in the kitchen and bathroom, but right now there is sweet silence and free time because my little man is asleep in the other room. I'm not sure using the drill is the best idea.

No comments: