Friday, February 6, 2009

Pregnancy & Marriage

I was (am) really bored today. Tony is taking his nephew to a hockey game and Holden is asleep. Nothing has been on TV all night and I just finished the book I was reading. And I play with Holden all day, so nothing new there really.

When I am bored, I usually surf the internet. After going to all my usual sites I ended up at christianitytoday.com which has a lot of good articles to read on marriage, family, and christianity. I was reading some of the marriage articles and thinking to myself that I don't give my husband nearly enough credit. He is such a good husband and I shamefully admit that I am a huge complainer about pretty much everything.
So here it is, the list of reasons I have no reason to complain (pregnancy version):

-Since the early weeks of my pregnancy he has offered every night to take care of Holden. Holden stopped waking up so much at night so that helps, but on bad nights he still wakes up once or twice.
-Every night he lays with me in bed and talks with me for at least an hour
-Even though he has no time with school and work he tries to fix little things around the house
-Any time I ask for some time alone he lets me go and do whatever I want
-He usually indulges me when I want to order pizza, even if it is more than once a week.
-He reads a devotional with me every night and prays with me
-He lets me sleep in on the weekends even though he (almost) never gets to
-He reminds me that we have church choir when I forget
-He makes me wonderful omelets when I am too tired or nauseous to cook
-He gives Holden a bath most nights

There are so many more reasons...I am apparently a spoiled wife. I just thought a note of appreciation was in order (even if he doesn't read it--maybe I should send him the link).

No comments: