Friday, February 6, 2009

The Yellow Worm at the Park




Yesterday and today it was so nice outside we took Holden to the park. He loved the swings and the yellow worm.


I am looking forward to Valentines day next week since we got a babysitter/dogsitter (my dad) to come for the night. We usually don't do much for Valentine's Day as I see it as just a commercial holiday, but his wife (my stepmother) doesn't celebrate holidays so I thought it was the perfect time to get away for a night. I don't think we have had a weekend away together alone since last summer, and 7 months is just too long! I've always had a hard time understanding why many of my friends with kids don't go and do something alone with their spouse more often. Although I do understand that moms who breastfeed really can't until the baby is weaned. But for some reason a lot of them still don't take any time for themselves as a couple. I think it is really important since one of the best gifts you can give your children is a strong and happy marriage (although I know you can have a strong and happy marriage without going away for the weekend, it is nice to have time alone to connect).

No comments: