Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's a....

GIRL! We had an ultrasound yesterday (which is still early 15 weeks) but the tech said she's 90-95% sure it's a girl! I'm excited, but way more nervous about a girl than I was about Holden. Being a parent is a huge responsibility either way, but it feels like even more of a responsibility when you are the same-sex parent because that's where baby learns how to be...well, a girl in this case.
We're struggling with names though because with Holden's name we both loved it from the start. But we can't find any names that we both love. Actually I can't find a name I love, let alone us agreeing on a name we both like.

I can't tell if I have the winter blahs or it's just being pregnant but I'm having a mighty hard time leaving the house. It just takes so much energy for me to do anything. I'm pretty sure it's being pregnant though. I need to get groceries today but I'm struggling with not wanting to leave. I should enjoy the day though because it's supposed to snow 4-12 inches tomorrow.

Yesterday Holden learned how to take off his pants. I ran downstairs to switch the laundry and when I came back up, there he was in the pack 'n' play with his pants off (thank goodness he hasn't figured out his diaper yet). I have pictures but am having technical difficulty with them at the moment. I will post them when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Amanda S. said...

Congrats on the Girl! You will do great with a daughter. I totally know how you feel about the name game. We still don't have a name for our Little Man and I'm due in a week and a half. Ahh. lol Check out the http://babynamegenie.com/. Congrats again.