Thursday, February 26, 2009

Coincidence is simply God choosing to remain anonymous.

Apparently I have one fan. She emailed me last night to tell me that I should post every day. To be honest, I'm not sure that my life is exciting enough to post everyday, so to those of who who may be reading this and are bored: I'm sorry.

An interesting thing did happen to me yesterday. I was having a hard time (as you can tell by my previous post) and was very cry-ee as WH likes to call it. Holden wouldn't stop crying and I just needed a break so I finally got him to calm down and decided that perhaps reading the bible would help me calm down too.

I usually try not to just randomly read, but yesterday I was pretty desperately searching for something that would soothe, so I turned to II Corinthians and was praying about how I needed some special help today because I was so down. I read one of my favorite passages and which helped me to relax and finish the rest of the afternoon without losing it.

Later that evening, we went to Ash Wednesday service at church. The first reading of the night (there were two) was the EXACT ONE I read that afternoon! Now, really the Ash Wednesday service doesn't have any particular reading attached to it aside from perhaps the gospel reading of Jesus in the desert but this was obviously the reading before the gospel reading. So there is no way I could have even unconsciously known that would be the reading last night.

Things like this happen to me quite often, actually. Just thought that was an interesting tidbit from my day yesterday. Oh and also I am so proud of WH!! Here is the link to his first published column! http://www.milfordfreepress.com/

I was the unofficial editor and obviously have a lot to learn about newspaper style editing. The paragraphs are too wordy and long, it needs to be broken up more...but that's the unofficial wife editor's fault (me). Not Nancy's fault (the real editor).

No comments: