Sunday, August 23, 2009

CasseRole Call

This is unusual and not very much like me to ask for this sort of thing but I could use your help...I could use any (small) casseroles or baked goodies you'd be willing to provide, my dear blog readers. My stepmom is staying at a long term (weekly) apartment-like place that the Kearney hospital provides for family members of people in the hospital for a small fee but I don't think she's felt much like cooking or grocery shopping with my dad in the ICU she spends all her days there.
I just want to make sure she is getting good food because I know she's tired of fast food. I'd be able to help more but I've been running around like crazy. It doesn't help that dad is in Kearney and I'm driving there while taking care of a 16 month old and starting school this week.
So if you have any time or enjoy cooking/baking...I'd really like to do this for her because I know she's stressed out.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I'd love to help Kara. I used to do "dinner date" with my mom and got some great recipes for frozen casserole meals that can be made in advance. Any foods to avoid or that she would prefer? Is there a day I can give the meals to you? Maybe Thursday if you're at the zoo? Just let me know. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with your dad on Friday. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help (free babysitting? :))

Natalie Nelsen said...

Hey Kara, is your stepmom still in Kearney? I'd be happy to make a few dishes and take over to her....or to you if you'd like a break from cooking too!! It will probably be the weekend before I get anything made, but let me know where Tina is at (or how I could get food to you guys!)