Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Landslide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f46rv5EWbAU

Some months ago I told you a lovely story about how when I was a 20 year old undergraduate at the University I used to go to Pioneers Park, spread out a blanket and lie in the sun to read my assignments. That particular memory got me wondering today:
Does pulling out of a drive thru, parking in the parking lot of Amigos, rolling down the windows of the Caddy, and picking apart a hamburger while kneeling on the passenger seat to feed my child who is sitting in a car seat in the back--does that qualify as a picnic? That's as close as I have come to one in many moons.

And also, he didn't eat the beef part of the hamburger.

Speaking of being a 20 year old--I constantly have the problem that the story of my DH and I meeting is fabulously cute in it's edited version, but I am so desperate to tell the unedited version! Some of you already know it, because you were there when I was at the tender age of 20. Let me tell you the edited version: We were neighbors growing up, he was my first boyfriend in 5th grade, we were leads in the school musical together our senior year and our first kiss was onstage. We weren't really friends in high school but met at a party after high school and decided we should start dating, got engaged, and here we are 5 years later. Cute, huh?

But oh, it was much naughtier (better!) and much more interesting than that my faceless internet friends.

Gosh I wish I could tell you the story. Maybe over coffee sometime, or lunch. But not on the internet, cause this is an open page you know! I may be crazy but I'm not that crazy.

Speaking of crazy, here is part of the conversation I had with my wonderful brother today,
"Did you make an appointment to see someone?" He asked. He was referring to counseling.

"Yes, I did. I have an appointment on Saturday." (I really do).

"Good. I think you probably need it more than anyone I know."

Uh, thanks bro. He actually didn't mean to call me crazy (though that could be the case), he just meant with all the insane amounts of stress I've had (more than most people in a short period of time) maybe it would help. He's probably right.

I know I'm starting to ramble, but it's my first peaceful and alone moment of the day so I'm basking in the freedom to think. Have you ever noticed that when you talk to me (if you talk to me) I have a hard time getting a thought out if Holden is in the room? So when he is asleep it's like a landslide.

No comments: