Monday, August 31, 2009

Last Night

I'm starting to feel the weight of the enormous amount of responsibility that has been thrust upon me. It is hard to be an advocate for someone when I am knocked over from time to time by waves of intense grief at the situation I am standing in.
I've never felt quite like things matter as much as I feel like they do now. It's almost as if every move I make now needs to be fast, efficient because time may be of the essence. I feel like if I don't do a good job advocating for certain things right now, it will be too late to do so and all that wasted time will be on my head.
It seems the more I want things to slow down, the faster they accelerate, spinning into a nightmarish series of events that I have absolutely no control over--as any illusion of control I once had has been wiped away even harder with each new turn of events. Like a mirror with streaks--each swipe of cloth makes more of the streak disappear.
The one thing I do know is that God is in control of this situation. It feels somewhat like walking in on the middle of a chess game, trying to figure out how the players are strategizing. Perhaps I should stop trying to figure it out. In the words of Doris Day...que sera sera?

Either way, I still sort of feel like I'm in that nightmare where you show up for class and there is a test that you forgot you had. Totally unprepared. For almost everything.

(Should I see how many more metaphors I can use here?)

No comments: