Friday, January 16, 2009

And the Lord sent me a Cadillac...


No, seriously. It all started last Saturday when my Dad stopped by briefly to drop off Holden's baptism outfit. He had just bought a new car and he was telling us about how he bought it from some old guy who went into the nursing home and had only driven it a little bit so it only had 20,000 miles on it after 5 years. It was a little expensive but in great shape and low miles so a great deal.

As you may or may not know, we have been casually looking for a car for the past couple months, so that really made me want to find a car. Well, that night I actually prayed to God that we would find a similar deal only more in our price range. I asked for an older person who hadn't driven their luxury car that much and at a price we could afford. I don't normally do that...pray for things that I want, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask this time.

So the very next day, as we were driving home from Holden's baptism about a half mile from our house we see a Cadillac with a for sale sign in the front window. Tony stopped to look at it and the owner was asking $3500 for it. It is in great shape and decent mileage. Turns out, it was some old guy with lots of money who was looking to get rid of his Cadillac that he had bought new and didn't drive that much. Blue book on it was $5500. So as we were discussing the car, I told Tony about my Saturday night prayer, laughed and said "I prayed for a car and the Lord sent me a Cadillac!"

We bought it yesterday.

No comments: