Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Scratch 'n' Sniff


I noticed the strangest thing yesterday as I was opening my new toothbrush. On the package it says that it is a scratch 'n' sniff toothbrush. Why would I want to scratch 'n' sniff a toothbrush? I am posting a picture for proof.


So now I have to discuss a couple more controversial things than my scratch 'n' sniff toothbrush. What do you think of caffeine and pregnancy? I did a research paper on it and there was one study that linked consumption of more than 300 mg. a day to miscarriage. Luckily for me, when I am pregnant I have no desire to drink soda. I will admit that I drink tea every day, but not very much and certainly not 300 mg. worth. Still not sure what I think of the study anyway because they didn't use a good control group (separate smokers from non-smokers).


Another question I have is what you think about hair dye/bleach and pregnancy? I normally get highlights from time to time and when I was pregnant with Holden I didn't get any the whole time. I felt horrible because I didn't feel like I looked good (and I still hate looking at hospital pictures because of my hair!). I am considering highlighting my hair just once this time for a wedding I have to go to in July (so I would be 8 months pregnant at the time). I obviously have several months to ponder this but I want to look good (or as good as possible) in hospital pictures this time...and at the wedding of course. I know, how shallow am I? I do think when you look good and take care of yourself you feel better though.


Just one more thing I was thinking about and wondering. All the moms in my playgroup and lots of other ones I know love scrapbooking. My playgroup even had a scrapbooking day this week. I did not attend. I hate scrapbooking. I just can't get into it, and I am a relatively creative person. I feel like I spend all my time and energy on my family and the last thing I want to do when I have a few hours off is scrapbook about my family. Perhaps it's selfish but I prefer to hide out at Barnes and Noble, read and drink nonfat caramel macchiatos (I don't drink these while preggo) until I come home and wonderful husband smells my hair and asks me why I smell like coffee.

No comments: