Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday


I had a good day today, my wonderful husband spent the day talking to one of his friends about drywalling our basement and took care of our son while I went and got my hair done. Finally. I literally hadn't had it cut since September and I had split ends on my split ends. Unfortunately, I couldn't get highlights since I'm barely out of the 1st tri. and very conservative when it comes to dyeing my hair while preggo. But I got a good cut, found a shirt I loved on sale for $5 at Shopko, and overall just had a good time by myself.

Today I got to thinking about Holden's first birthday, mostly because I would like to finish the basement before he turns 1 so we can have a party and actually fit some of our family in our house. I'm having trouble deciding what kind of carpet to get and leaning toward thick carpeting with lots of padding. I know it will probably be expensive but my grandma has this stuff in her house and I loooooove it. I'm not sure what exactly you're supposed to do at a first birthday party since the guest of honor doesn't really know what's going on anyway. I probably won't even make him a cake, he'll just get a cupcake. It's still 2 1/2 months away so I guess I have time to figure it out.

I think it's about time for me to read a little bit of my trashy Nora Roberts book and my new copy of Redbook before wonderful husband gets tired of watching Holden.

No comments: