Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Walnut Blondie

This morning at 5 a.m. my wonderful husband gave me a hug and said, "So we're having another one?"



My child would not sleep last night. I am tending to think it was the maple topping that wonderful husband and grandmother (in-law) were feeding my angelic child. You know that maple butter stuff that you pour over the walnut blondie at Applebees? It was that stuff. I saw disaster in the future but decided in the interest of good in-law and marital relations that I keep my mouth shut. It was either the maple or else he is teething. I can't tell.



Luckily for me (at least for half the night), Wonderful Husband took care of my boy. At about 3 a.m I woke up and at that time the hubby handed me my (awake) child. It was nice of him considering he had to be up at 5 to get to work on time. We ended up getting a little bit of sleep I guess, but the little guy had to sleep with me which I don't like.



All this left me wondering to myself between 5 and 6 this morning laying in the dark...how am I possibly going to A.) Get him to sleep in his own bed every single night (and morning) and B.) How am I going to take his pacifier away from him before age 1?



After that sleepless night due to the maple guess what I am doing? Eating waffles. With maple syrup. But don't worry, my little man isn't getting any.

No comments: