Monday, January 19, 2009

Ode to a chicken sandwich


As I said yesterday, I have been sick. My sweet and wonderful husband had a couple meetings on Sunday afternoon and since I knew I would be unable to properly care for myself, let alone a 9 month old (He’s 9 months today!) I begged and pleaded for him to call my MIL so that perhaps she could watch Holden for the 5-8 hours Tony would be gone. And she said yes!

Sweet freedom! Even though I was sick. My plan was essentially to drink tons of water and vegetate on the couch watching HGTV. As it turns out, it got even better because as I was eating sun chips and looking online at the tv listings I realized that there was a 3 hour marathon of the show Paranormal State on A&E. WooHoo! So I laid on the couch for the entire 3 hours.

But I have digressed greatly from the reason I got on here to write in the first place. My strong craving for a chicken salad sandwich. It has been this way for over a week. All I want is some Mrs. Gerry’s chicken salad like you can buy at the store. And I would like to spread it over a bagel or perhaps some toasted bread. Alas, I cannot have my wonderful chicken salad until the end of July because of the risk of listeria. I’m not sure how I am going to make it through.

Also, still soooo sick. It is not going away.




Here is where I copied the picture from: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/481384880_b1da3ae32c_o.jpg

No comments: