Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Bucket List

I had a great day today. I met Kevin Costner, which was on my list of things to do before I die. I was disappointed last year because my all-time favorite actor, Paul Newman died before I had a chance to meet him (however unlikely that may sound). And Kevin is my second favorite and was also on the list, so yay!
My friend Beth has a similar crush on Kevin Costner which we both realized we shared when we were college roommates. So when she called me today and told me that he was in Omaha signing autographs I said "I'll be there". Yes, I took my baby to Wal-Mart, stood in line for an hour and a half, and then had a 30 second conversation with Kevin. It was awesome. I will post pics when I get them from Beth.

In other news my wonderful husband is trying to get me to buy a goat. To eat. I am not sold on this idea and don't really think it's necessary to eat goat. I'm going to have to figure out a way to get him to forget about it, but I think it will be difficult. During a 15 min. MSN conversation he tried to get me to buy 1/4 of a cow, a whole goat and a whole pig--in order to process the meat and store in a deep freeze we haven't even purchased yet. It was an interesting conversation. I told him I would think about it.

No comments: