Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh baby!

I will just start by saying I have a long and somewhat traumatic history with pregnancy and so I am one of the most nervous first trimester mommies ever. I went to my appointment this week thinking I would be relieved to finally hear the heartbeat by doppler. I have technically already had 4 ultrasounds and seen the heartbeat twice, so you'd think that would make me feel better. But no.
It has been 3 weeks since I've seen that little baby and there is still reason to believe that perhaps we will not get to meet the little one in July (thyroid issues, progesterone issues, multiple loss issues). So at my appointment on Monday the doc says he's not even going to try the doppler (which is okay, I'd rather not panic if I can't hear it since it's early still at 11 weeks). Then he goes on to tell me that unfortunately there is not an ultrasound tech in the office today so I will have to wait until the end of the week or next week to get in! So I have an ultrasound tomorrow and I'm freaking out a little bit.
I suppose it's good that at least I'm getting an ultrasound. Whenever I go in for an appointment the nurses are like, "Your blood pressure seems a little high. Is there any reason it would be high?"
Let's see...I'm carting around a car seat that weighs like 50 lbs. up to your office, I'm exhausted and queasy, and worried that this baby is not going to make it and the doctor is about to be poking around in my lady business and you're wondering why my blood pressure is high?

Ok, I'll admit I may be a little cranky. It's because of my blood pressure I think.

No comments: