Monday, May 18, 2009

Bachelorette

It's the season premiere of the bacherlorette tonight! It's on in the living room and I'm sort of watching it. I only get one channel (ABC) so I don't have much choice if I want to watch something else...but I love the bachelor and bachelorette. The show is one of my vices. I started watching with my roommates as a sophomore in college and have watched on and off ever since.

Holden is asleep and Tony is playing baseball so I (sort of) have the house to myself. I have the most recent copy of Cosmo (I know, I'm too old to be reading cosmo). I don't need any more sex tricks...but for some reason I can't quit that bad habit. (And really, they just keep putting the same "tricks" in there year after year). Waste of money. But it's my guilty pleasure.

Other vices include but are not limited to: Expensive highlights, waxes, pedicures, and shoes (occasionally). I hate how old my skin looks already but I am going to damage it some more by tanning for a couple weddings I have to go to this summer. I wouldn't, but I have a black dress so I will look like Casper the friendly ghost if I don't.

I'm really a miser, but when I write it all down at the same time I sound like a spendthrift.
I have caviar taste on a tuna budget I guess.

Speaking of caviar...I got an invitation to a wedding today and they HIRED A CALLIGRAPHER to address the invitations. I have never been to a wedding quite that fancy. It's at the plaza in Kansas City--at one of the hotel ballrooms there. I'm looking forward to it, and just praying that I will fit into that cute black cocktail dress I mentioned above 8 weeks from now. We're at the not-quite-zipping-up point at the moment. But I just had a baby, and I have 8 weeks, so I'm optimistic.

No comments: