Sunday, May 17, 2009

Foxhole

It was date night tonight! We went out to eat (among other things) and spent waaay too much money at Misty's--which was delicious as always. Oh my goodness, if you have never had king crab you have to have it sometime. I forget how good it is until I order it. I usually don't order it because a) We live in Nebraska and b) Market price is $29.99! Luckily we had a gift card and we shared a half order along with our entrees so it worked out quite well!

It was so nice to have a day to ourselves--we didn't actually get "away" until about 3 p.m. because we had to drive and drop off Holden at my MIL's house for the night and also have lunch with them...but it was still great! I dropped Tony off at the racetrack where he lost some money betting on the Preakness. We both like horse races, but I decided shopping sounded more fun. I found the most fabulous couch at The Nest--it was white leather-art-deco-ish...gorgeous. It was also $900. I'm going to have to keep dreaming there.

Tonight after we got home I was talking to Tony, or really we were just lying there not talking, and I said,
"I can't do this." (Referring to all that is going on in our lives in general). And with his best southern Bubba accent he said,
"I can't do this either, but together we can. We'll just put our backs together so neither of us have our heads in the mud."
Don't you just love the movie Forrest Gump? I am so thankful for my husband because a lot of the time it seems he knows just what to say to make everything better. He knows how much I like Forrest Gump...not all people would get that quote.
And he also knows when not to say anything too, because sometimes words just aren't enough.

No comments: