Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The other 'Old blue eyes'


Some of you may know about my love of Paul Newman. Some of you may not know who Paul Newman is--besides the guy on the salad dressing.

Let me enlighten you. Paul Newman is possibly the most physcially attractive man who ever lived. Stunningly beautiful.

He died last year though. He was in his 80's and happened to live in the same town as one of my friends. It will always be one of my few regrets that I never tried to meet him (hey--it's possible--I reached my dream of meeting Kevin Costner didn't I?).

He was a movie star in the 60's (and beyond). My favorite movie to watch him in is Cool Hand Luke.

I once knew a young man who was the spitting image of Paul Newman. Shame I haven't seen that guy in like 5 years. By the way--happily married here, I just like to look at beautiful men...I guess it's a vice of mine.

Paul is a legend. When he died I went over to visit my 78 year old grandmother that day, and my aunt was there as well. My grandma said, "Paul Newman died." And I shared her moment of sadness. She said, "Old blue eyes. He had the most beautiful blue eyes." My aunt agreed. So his appeal reached from a 78 year old to a 26 year old! Although I thought he was most attractive in his 40's--he was more from my grandmother's generation. His pictures don't do him justice, you must watch a movie he did to understand his dreaminess.

Go out and rent one!


No comments: