Friday, May 15, 2009

Body Snatchers

I have my body back, sort of. I’m pretty close to my pre-pregnancy weight, but isn’t it interesting that my stomach still looks sort of deflated? No stretch marks here, so yea! And hey, I can feel my rib and hipbones again! Woo HOO! But it does look like someone has been cutting into me. I’m wondering if crunches will do it or if I will forever be reminded with a deflated balloon of the births of my children. I’m guessing no on the crunches, but a girl can hope…

For my mother’s day gift I am getting a tattoo of my sweet Allison’s footprint. I like tattoos and already have one, however I wonder if getting a tattoo of her footprint is redundant. She left her mark physically already with a few extra scars that will be there forever.

She left her mark emotionally with scars that will be there forever too.

It is so interesting that once you have children their grubby little hands hold your heart like a vise. I mean that in a good way, of course. Who knew love could be so achingly wonderful?

Do you ever get jealous of celebrities because they have c-section tummy tucks (all in one surgery!)? I keep telling Tony that someday my mother’s day gift is going to be a breast lift. Maybe when I’m 40. At that point I can tell my 16 year old son,

“Honey what I really want for mother’s day are some perky breasts. After all, you owe me big.”

I can already see the eye-rolling beginning.

No comments: