Monday, May 4, 2009


My dog is acting out. So much so that he has run away EVERY DAY for the past 4 days. And most recently he was enclosed in a large kennel (18 X 5) inside our fenced yard and still escaped. I'm at my wits end. I don't want to give him away, but we obviously aren't taking very good care of him or he wouldn't be so desperate to get away.


I know that it will only be for a brief period of time when we are away from home so much, with me being in the hospital and now with my dad's recovery. I use the term recovery loosely, since I haven't seen him since last week, but I expect that he is improving. I have spoken with him on the phone every day, and sometimes he seems worse than others. Sometimes I have trouble understanding what he means when he is trying to tell me something and other times he sounds like himself again.


I told Tony I feel like I lost my baby and my dad in the same week. I know my dad is still here but it's not really like I can talk to him like I used to be able to. He is busy trying to recover. I hope that his brain recovers quickly and that they can get the rest of the tumor with radiation. I'm frustrated that there isn't anything I can do to help (or at least it doesn't feel like it). Wrangling a one year old with a huge incision across my abdomen is about as much as I can do at the moment. I guess I can't be expected to do much more than that.


I am going to head out there and stay at dad's house to help him if he needs it. He can get around just fine but I think gets a little tired and confused sometimes, and Tina had to go back to work this week. My brother is coming to town on Wednesday so I think that will be a huge relief for everyone, even though he will only be here until Sunday it will help.


Above I posted a picture of my two favorite people in the world. It really doesn't relate to this posting, but I love them so much and they are so cute I had to post it.

No comments: