Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Perfection

I made the perfect grilled cheese sandwich today. Was it the white bread? Was it the perfectly spread margarine or the heat setting? I'll never know.
I almost took a picture and then thought about how weird that would be. It's just too bad I had no one to show it to except my one year old son who won't even remember.

Is it strange that when I think about losing weight I think of those cute mommies in little velour tracksuits with their perfect bodies, perfect hair, perfect tan, and perfectly manicured hands? I know these people exist because I have seen them. What I don't know is their stories because I have never met one. I'm usually sporting the lounge pants/T-shirt combo with slightly disheveled hair. Because hell, I'm chasing a kid all day. Perhaps me and the velour tracksuit are just not meant to be together.

I just have to say...lounge pants from walmart: LVU4EVR

Depending on the day, makeup may or may not be on...thank goodness that day I met Kevin Costner I looked in the mirror and decided it would be a good idea to put some on. I didn't find out until later that I would be meeting good ol' Kev. I guess maybe I should do that more often because who knows when I might a) meet a celebrity or b) run into that guy from high school or college (or even that one that looks like Paul Newman, remember?)--you know the one--I think each of us has one that we secretly don't want to run into because in our heads we become the girl we used to be, no matter how many years have gone by and how confident we are now.

I might be able to pull off the disheveled hair in the summer as "beach hair" but the other stuff is just inexcusable. My huge sunglasses do cover over a multitude of sins though, so I can always use those as the back up plan, if say--I run into a.) or b.) at the Lincoln Children's Zoo...however unlikely that may be.

Now all that's left of that perfect grilled cheese is the crust. Holden enjoyed it immensely. I'm never going to fit into that tracksuit if I can't resist making another one and eating it myself. Oh, self control, I need you now more than ever.

No comments: